A report by the Climate Justice Programme and Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria, June 2005
A web version of the 36-page PDF report is contained in the following pages, along with access to many of the documents referred to in the text. Access to those documents is usually via links in the relevant footnote.
2. Gas flaring started under British rule, with its double standards
3. Nigerian oil benefits multinationals and the corrupt local elite
4. Nigeria is the world's biggest flarer
5. Flares out by 2008?
6. Gas flaring contributes to climate change
7. Gas flaring poisons communities
8. Flaring is a violation of human rights
9. General flaring is prohibited under the regulations